Aims and Objectives
– To provide a collective voice to UK Governments and agencies, and to UK music trade associations on issues affecting music business growth and sustainability. To work alongside other representative bodies in matters of concern to the UK music sector as appropriate.
– To produce and inform strategies which promote the development of small music business throughout the UK while ensuring that wherever possible the resources to implement these strategies are campaigned for.
– To produce and inform strategies that promote the development of artists throughout the UK while ensuring that wherever possible the resources implement these strategies are campaigned for.
– To inform and comment constructively on any proposals, policies and strategies being written that affect the UK music industry and ensure that any commentary is given due consideration.
– To encourage and promote training, education and skills building for small music businesses which is approved and delivered to industry standards and to endorse proposals for such training.
– To produce guidelines and information on how best to access finance including that available from the Business Link network.
– To share good practice of the variety of existing and new support mechanisms, governance models and fund applications between all member organisations.
– To identify opportunities for, and to advocate strategies to instigate music development activity, and its support from adequate resources, where they do not exist.
– To ensure collaboration with other like minded development organisations throughout the commercial creative industries to utilising regional and national opportunities for new media growth and development.
– To endeavour to maintain active contacts with similar organisations across the UK